Introduction to MTA
The Manitoba Trappers Association (MTA) was established in 1972 to serve the trappers of Manitoba. Responsibilities are divided into 10 geographical zones throughout the province, each represented by a Zone Director. Directors are elected on a two year term by the trappers and Local Fur Councils within the Zone. (Zone Directors List)
Thompson Fur Tables Friday March 1, 2023 Thompson Regional Recreation Centre 274 Thompson Drive South, Thompson, MB
Information, Schedule and Registration Form
Join the new MTA Facebook page and engage with the trapping community!
2023-2024 Trapping Guide
" MTA is the means by which all Manitoba trappers can have a united voice in dealing with current issues and opportunities within the fur industry. "
- To improve communication with, and encourage activities within all local fur councils;
- To encourage and ensure sustainable and humane furbearer management;
- To improve fur marketing opportunities for all Manitoba trappers;;
- To work with government, industry, and other provincial associations for better fur harvests and markets;
- To encourage development of adequate credit systems, encourage research, multiple resource use, provide educational/training opportunities for trappers, and establish professional standards throughout the industry; and
- To establish and maintain better communication links with the public, other stakeholders, and resource users, creating increased support for trapping and trappers.