At the recent MTA Annual General Meeting, Rob Andrushuk presented a report on all of the accomplishments of the Board of Directors over his tenure as President.
More about our Convention
Our AGM is held at various locations throughout Manitoba, this gives trappers from all areas of the province an opportunity to attend.
In recent years the AGM has been held in towns such as Ashern, Dauphin, Swan River, Lac du Bonnet, Thompson, The Pas, Eriksdale and Roblin.
Requirements for hosting the AGM include availability of a large hall or facility, adequate motel accommodation, restaurants, catering, local interest and support.
- Open house Friday evening, live music, door prizes both days
- Pelt preparation competitions for junior and senior trappers
- Resolutions to government
- Trapping demos
- Trap sales
- Trapping industry related displays
- Youth Activities
- Information Sessions
- Fur market updates
- Live auction
- Elections for Zone Directors
- Board of Directors meetings
- Presentation of audited financial statement
- Updates from Manitoba Conservation on trapping initiatives
- Industry updates
- Banquet, guest speaker and awards presentations
- C. Irwin McIntosh Award
- James Spence Memorial Award for Local Fur Council
- Top Junior Trapper – Doug Lubkiwski Memorial Award
- Top Senior Trapper – high score in pelt competition
Trappers hear updates on new initiatives and policies from government and Industry.